Corporate governance (“CG”) is a very nascent practice with regular changes and constant new regulations to comply with. The board secretary plays a critical role in ensuring the board and organizations compliance with applicable CG regulations and best practices.
As a corporate secretary we undertake the following:
- Monitor the implementation of CG practices and that all frameworks, policies and structures are in place to ensure accountability and transparency throughout the organization
- Prepare the necessary board papers and agendas without conflict
- Prepare the minutes of meetings and the filing requirements
- Manage policies relating to disclosure of interest and related part transactions
- Perform board evaluation against global standards of performance
- Manage grievance and whistle-blowing procedures